Tip Of The Day:
Permissions (05. SUID - bit 4)
s - suid code w/ user execute permissions -rwsrwxrwx S - suid code w/o user execute permissions -rwSrwxrwx
Sometimes it necessary to run a program as the owner of the program. Setting the SUID gives the ability to setup a program to be run as if the owner were running it. A lower case "s" indicates that the owner has executable permissions as well. An uppercase "S" implies the the user does not have executable permissions.
Development and Administration
Mac OS X widget that displays current disk volume usage.
Mac OS X Widget that determines UNIX/Linux permissions in various formats and displays chmod syntax suggestions.
Mac OS X widget that displays various system hardware and software information.
Task manager to organize and keep to-do lists manageable via the command line. Light weight and easy to use. This software uses SQLite for the back-end db so no db maintenance is required.
PHP script used to view current download statistics for posted programs on various sites.
Perl script that returns various information in regards to daylight savings time for the US and UK.
A collection of cli website management tools. This suite of tools includes the sitediff, sitepet and sitesync programs.
The pgtools project is a collection of perl tools written to facilitate obtaining information about various entities of a PostgreSQL server database via the command line.
Parses the DHCP leases file and displays information of DHCP address allocation.
- June 2 2014 22:15:00 EST | New DHCP tool - getdhcp
- May 29 2014 09:00:00 EST | New Bitbucket Project - pgtools
- May 28 2014 19:00:00 EST | New blog - Check out my IT blog!
- May 27 2014 20:47:00 EST | Twitter - Follow my Twitter feed!
- Sept 16 2011 23:20:00 EST | Tutorial - Dynamic PDF generation
- Jan 31 2011 23:45:00 EST | Scripts - OpenOffice: Start as a service
- Jan 10 2011 23:15:00 EST | sitetools v0.1.0 released!
- Jan 08 2011 12:15:00 EST | New "scripts" section has been added!
- Dec 14 2010 23:59:00 EST | Code University gets a face lift!!
- Nov 02 2010 11:00:00 EST | dwit v0.1 released!
- Jan 25 2010 19:11:51 EST | progstat v0.1 released!
- Jan 24 2010 19:11:51 EST | FreeDiskO v0.3 released!
- Jan 22 2010 19:44:51 EST | ChmodPro v0.1 released!
- Jan 11 2010 18:44:51 EST | SysfO v0.1 released!
- Jan 10 2010 15:44:51 EST | RSS feed for Code University!
- Jan 07 2010 18:44:51 EST | FreeDiskO v0.2 released!
- Jan 04 2010 21:11:23 EST | Happy New Year!
- Jun 30 2010 20:35 EST | Web Hosting: Apache 2 - Virtual Hosts
- Jun 29 2010 09:35 EST | Web Hosting: Apache 2 - Configurations
- Jun 28 2010 20:45 EST | Web Hosting: Apache 2 - Installations
- Jun 27 2010 23:15 EST | Version Control: CVS - repo setup
- Jun 26 2010 19:39 EST | Networking: ndiswrapper setup (wireless)
- Jun 25 2010 22:19 EST | Linux: Root password reset (grub)
- Jun 24 2010 18:50 EST | Linux: NTP server setup
- Jun 23 2010 12:01 EST | Dual Boot Systems: Red Hat/FreeBSD
- Jun 22 2010 11:21 EST | Dual Boot Systems: Fedora/Windows XP
- Jun 21 2010 20:39 EST | Documentation: Creating man(ual) pages